What if I told you that you slept with the enemy of your back pain?
Although it is not the person with whom you share your bed although two sleepers require some specific requirements. We are as you will have noticed when talking about your mattress, indispensable companion for an overnight rest.
We must remember that we spend about a third of our lives at bedtime, which is why it is a serious case of ergonomics that influences the musculoskeletal system.
When you wake up in the morning do you suffer from back pain, you feel more tired than at bedtime, the muscle aches and stiffness are daily? Is not it time to change your mattress?
Sleeping is essential for the recovery of our body and spine, the lying position being less subject to gravity and body weight to a pressure in the intervertebral joints and discs of 20 kg / cm3 against 150 in foot
We realize perfectly the importance of choosing a mattress for your back, more precisely to your postural scheme. How to choose the mattress is the most requested question in the office, especially in view of the great offer of various types of bed linen.
This choice is based on numerous relevant criteria, variables with its use (single or double bed), its morphology (height and weight) and its preferences. It is indeed important to highlight the misconception that a hard mattress is favorable for back pain.
Time to wake up to a new mattress?
The idealization of an investment in a mattress for life is certainly wrong, it is fundamental to replace every ten years at most, ideally 7 or 8 years.
If your mattress shows a lowering, zones with depressions if it persists a mark left by the body are signs of wear that should alert.
From a hygienic point of view, the change after ten years also imposes itself: a human body loses about half a liter of water each night in asweat, imagine the lack of sanity by more ventilation systems and absorption technologies.
An excellent indicator of the use of your mattress comes from its quality of sleep.The incessant search for a comfortable position, moving and rummaging in the bed with the sensation of waking up more tired than when lying down is a sign of excessive wear of your mattress and time of Wake up to a new sleeping companion.
If you are not affordable to buy the new mattress, new mattress topper for back pain is one good choice. Try to consider new topper instead, and it can help relief the pain too.
Learn to sleep
Sleeping does not boil down to choosing a mattress; we need an average of eight hours of sleep to recharge our batteries.
The night will be the mirror of your day and for that: 7 tips to sleep better.
- Create a supportive environment: a temperature at 22 ° C, adapted lighting and warm bedding.
- Set times: our body needs routines, in addition to 8 hours of sleep for an adult, to harmonize meal times, to lie down, to get up. It is emphasized that a school-age child should sleep 12 hours, from 10 to 10 years old and from 8 to 9 am in adolescence. We grant the 1st prize of the sleeper to the baby with 14 to 16 hours of sleep.
- Avoid naps: despite thetiredness, do not sleep during the day, at the risk of altering your sleep cycle.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle: physical activity is one of the best sleep regulators. Avoid heavy meals and alcohol intake at night.
- Prepare your brain: it is essential that you relax before bed, televisions, computers and game consoles are to outlaw since they stimulate and delay sleep.
- It is the best position for Sleeping: sideways (chosen by 80% of the population), is an excellent position allowing a relaxed breathing and a lined column. The only caution is the thickness of your cushion that should equal the distance between your shoulder and your ear. To maximize the benefits of this position, place a pillow between your knees to relax your pelvis.
- Sleeping belly up is a correct posture attitude, use a thincushion not to create a deviation of the cervical spine. However, it is not indicated for those who snore or suffer from apnea.
- Your cushion: Make sure your spine is straight and in a natural position. The best cushion depends on you, its morphology, the sleeping position.
A third of our sleeping life demonstrates a great deal of interest in the mattress and sleeping position in musculoskeletal and postural problems. Our posture is fundamental to maintain the balance of the spine, both when sleeping, when driving, as in the Secretariator sports. However, vertebral pains are multi-factorial, do not consider that an appropriate mattress will eliminate them: annually perform a preventive checkup with your midwife, orthopedist, physiotherapist or osteopath.
For those who remember the “Vitinho” Good night because Fernando Pessoa already said, “Everything that sleeps is a child again.”